Friday, March 27, 2015

HANDS BEHIND CALLIGRAPHY

 
 
Calligraphy: Expression of beauty through letters.
Hand lettering is something I treasure now in modern days where everything is typed or texted. I've always looked at hand lettering as an art, if you know me you know I am aaaalways writing in different fonts, it's safe to say I like the many ways I can write.
 
 



 I cherish hand written notes therefore I enjoy writing them too. I'm sure my boyfriend has a good amount of notes I write for him randomly or when there's paper and pen near I just scribble like those days when you're in class during a lecture and you end up writing your name about 300 times? yeah that's what I'm talking about. To me the importance of learning a new trait or exploring different horizons is essential. After seeing a flood of calligraphy written quotes on Instagram and Pinterest I decided to write my own calligraphy. A couple months ago I headed out to Hobby Lobby and purchased my first pen. The first time I practiced my boyfriend happened to be with me and from his opinion, I'm pretty good. Then again he probably just said that to be nice lol...I find that practice is a perfect way to exercise creativity. I plan on posting my own calligraphy soon for your enjoyment but for now I wanted to share these beautifully crafted quotes I found on Insta and Pinterest. Guess it's safe to say not only the quotes encouraged me but the font too. Enjoy!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Calligraphy Instagram accounts to follow:
 
@PoppyJackShop
 
@PaperGlazeCalligraphy
 
 
@CastCalligraphy
 
 
| Know of more calligraphy accounts? Let me know, I'd love to follow them too |
 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment