Friday, January 30, 2015

JANUARY FAVORITES | BEAUTY


 
 
Beauty is a topic included in my blog, but although it's included it is not my area of expertise. I rarely wear makeup especially NOT on a daily basis. With that said over the last few years I've warmed up to the idea of makeup and have purchased my fair share of items recently to share with you for the month of January.
 


 I am being completely honest when I confess I only stared wearing actual face makeup going on about two years ago! My holy grails to wear have always been mascara of course ( I love my eyelashes), blush/bronzer, and strawberry or cherry flavored chapstick ( I love the subtle red tint it leaves). With that said, thanks to YouTube beauty gurus I've opened up to the idea of trying out SOME makeup brands that are fit for me and my budget. Therefore I've decided to incorporate a monthly beauty favorites throughout the year on my blog. Beauty products will vary from makeup, hair products, face cleaners, moisturizers etc. but be warned the makeup department posts might come far and few between (maybe). Enough rambling here are my favorites for the month of January:
 
 
 
 
  • LORAC TANtalizer HIGHLIGHTER & MATTE BRONZER DUO
The perfect duo ever invented! Combination of the subtle matte finish bronzer is a match made in heaven with the highlighter included. This arrangement is ideal for contouring and coloring. The LORAC TANtalizer is also oil and fragrance free which doesn't make it prone to cause breakouts.
 
 
 
  • NEUTROGENA OIL-FREE FACIAL MOISTURIZER WITH SPF 15
Starting your skin care routine with moisturizer is important ( I used baby lotion on my face for a long time LOL). Wearing a moisturizer embedded with an SPF content is even more essential. This may sound like a key aspect for Summer time, but really it should be worn all year round. Especially throughout the Winter on those overcast days when we think the sun is hiding and not causing much damage, it is actually causing the most. Wear your SPF daily with this oil-free moisturizer by Neutrogena which won't flash white under face foundations.
 
 
 
 
 
  • MAKE UP FOR EVER SMOKY EXTRAVAGENT MASCARA
 Mascara is my holly grail, for years I only wore MAYBELLINE'S VOLUM' EXPRESS MASCARA then suddenly they stopped selling it at all my local drug stores, sadness!!! Ever since I've been on the hunt for another replacement. I've tried higher ends like Dior and low ends including Loreal and others. Nothing stood out, but I think I've finally found a substitute which is Make Up Forever's Smoky Extravagant Mascara. It has a brush I absolutely love! The base is great since it helps volumize lashes and the tip separates lashes at every stroke. Thus far it is clump-free and long lasting through out the day until night.
 
 
 
 
  • SMASHBOX HIGH DEFINITION CONCEALER
Concealer is another one of my favorites, this I do wear on a daily basis since I have dark under eye circles I conceal. With one light application concealer can make the face appear brighter and developes a more awakened look. For a full coverage look of imperfections Smashbox High Definition Concealers delivers just that. The light weight texture applys smoothly and builds on with a natural finish. Small dabs of the concealer goes a long way.
  • SMASHBOX CAMERA READY CC CREAM BROAD SPRECTRUM SPF 30 WITH DARK SPOT CORRECTING


By this point your probably think I lived under a rock for the longest LOL but as I mentioned I recently started wearing foundation. I've only purchased a total of four foundations in my life time including this one. With that said I don't use this on a daily basis I really only wear it for special day time events when I feel it is appropriate, for nights out as well as evening events. Although I don't apply it religiously I still wanted a good coverage for my skin and by 'good' I mean CC creams have a lot of benefits throughout wear. Benefits include all that BB creams carry such as SPF and anti-oxidants all while leaving a super light and whipped finish to the face. The color correcting product does that for dark spot reduction which is perfect especially if you plan on wearing this as your daily foundation. Smashbox Camera Ready CC Cream is everything theres is to love about a BB cream plus a bonus of dark spot correcting.


  • NOT YOUR MOTHER'S REFRESHING CLEAN FREAK DRY SHAMPOO
I don't wash my hair daily, thats a no-go ladies. Washing your hair daily deters you from natural oils your hair needs to produce. Plus I love styling my hair with two day unclean hair, (I wash my hair every third day) it is easier and shapes/volumizes better. Might sound a bit gross, but that is why I use dry shampoo. Not your Mother's Refreshing Dry Shampoo works flawlessly. It has a fresh smelling scent and absorbs excess oil very well. This dry shampoo also applies light weight with is great for when you're on the go, just spritz to the top roots of your hair where oil builds up, tousle your locks and you're good to go.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
more fashion blog posts coming soon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment